Flickering Head Lamp and bike cut out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Saturday morning as I was riding the headlamp went on and off, blue light flickering, thought it was a globe which was busy blowing and the error message on cluster displayed “Lamp”.

Ok, so I thought replace the headlamp, but the headlamp was not blown, long story short on Saturday late afternoon/night in the rain the bike cut out on the R 21 South, luckily I made it to the Engen, so I was safe.

No lights on the ignition came on, dead as a dodo, so I called Tiger1505 , who fetched me with a trailer.
Thank you really appreciate.

Following morning, I took the seat of, yes it was wet, but not so wet, then I turned the steering and contact was made and ignition came on and went of again, open the airbox/battery cover and there was the problem, the screws on the battery was lose, tightened them and all was fine.

I felt like a skaap, really stupid.

My two cents, use locktite(sparingly) on the battery screws or ensure they are tight at all times and carry basic tools like torx sockets/screwdriver etc

Hope this will help someone.