Floating around Barberton for the weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tagsy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Well as they say here’s the first attempt at a ride report. After mastering Photobucket hopefully and having some time to play with its about time.
OK I had been off work for the week with a viral infection ( No not dirty women, something in the water so the doctor informed me............... great something to look forward too). I digress, a couple of weeks ago I mentioned to Malibu I had,nt seen her in a while and maybe we could get together, she was training in Nelspruit, quite a ride from Ellisras, But what the hell. So I asked a couple of lads from work, to take a ride DJ “who shall know be known as Hobo” later............on a totally wanked Aprilla 650, its suspension was totally shot, (later we found a massive gouge in the swingarm where the over long bolt on the rear foot peg had been doing the gouging (good job it was a borrowed bike............  and CH Alias F.A.G. {Fat Aussie Git} on a Yamaha XT 600 Tenere I think its a 84.
After a mad couple of days getting panniers fitted to the Tenere and convincing Hobo that his missus would,nt mind, we left around 1:30 on Friday after work. 
With time against us we decided to high ball on tar straight through Vaalwater to Modimolle after stopping in Modimolle for a cool drink we managed to find a trailor for the apprilla, personally I thought it looks pretty good and adds some style.
Davesbiketrailer-2.jpg
[/img]
We arrived in Groblersdal at around 4:30 found Pick and Pay bough meat and drinks etc. We had planned to ride down to Loskop Dam and camp there for the night. We left Groblersdal and headed southish on the N11, well it started to get dark and to be honest my ass was aching and about 13 ks further on spotted a sign for the riverside lodge..........camping.
We managed to finfd the campsite and started to set up camp........

How Hobo got his name
When camping one should
A. Have tent
B. Have all the bits
C. Check the thing before leaving home
Well Hobo did neither and ended up with a fly sheet, 1 pole and 4 pegs, Craig offered to share but hobo decided rather to make a plan, this is what he ended up spending the night in, with no sleep.................. moan moan.
Hoboathome-1.jpg
][/img]
Sometimes Hobo’s have to be dealt with...............
PaulHobobonding-1.jpg
[/img]
Breaking camp the next morning
IMG_1890.jpg
[/img]
Some people are just not morning people
IMG_1911.jpg
][/img]
Scenic next to the river
DSC00346.jpg
[/img]
We planned to meet Malibu and Mark in Middleburg at the Wimpy around 07;00 had a good breakfast and made our way to Barberton, we took off on the dirt and did a mjor loop on some of the best dirt roads I,ve ridden in a long time..................very cool and relaxing ride
DSC00344.jpg
][/img]
DSC00346.jpg
][/img]
Very Scenic
What is it you get to a stunning place and make prats of yourselves...........
Judyisthemoremasculineone.jpg
[/img]
IMG_1909.jpg
[/img]
The 990in its natural surroundings....................
img]
IMG_1906.jpg
[/img]
Mark doing the what are you still sat here like a lemon marathon

The XT taking some time to graze............

We stayed over at Malibu’s Nan in the Bush....................amazing women

The Hobo found a decent tent for the night
Lightening all around us for the whole night and no rain............
An early start all on tar back to Ellisras N4 then North on the N1, hitting rain at the second toll if followed us all the just past Vaalwater, when I say rain more like driving through a waterfall............... hectic but interesting aquaplaning at 100 tends to bring you into focus
A brilliant weekend ride
I seem to have a mind block will load more pictures once the bloody computer has stopped sending me spaz