• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale - 2014 XT1200ZE - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geel Kat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
My XT1200ZE is for sale.

The bike:
- 2014 (bought in August 2014)
- 48617km (will be adding around 60km per day over the next week, then I will likely park it)
- Rear Heidenau K60 has about 80% left
- Front Mitas E10 has about 40% - 50% left
- Rumbux crash bar/bash plate combo
- OEM light cover with home made orange lens on one side (can be taken off)
- SW-Motech pannier brackets (fits Trax panniers - brackets do not have the bobbins, these could be ordered from ChrisL, I used the brackets with soft luggage)
- Currently has Motorradical top box plate (will replace with OEM since the Motorradical mounting brackets are breaking, again)
- I have the original road biased tyres as well, these will go with the bike, have done around 2000km on them

The history:
- Bike was used for commuting as well as weekend trips
- I ride fast but not "hard" hence the bike still has the original brake pads after almost 50000km
- Bike was in accident July 2015 - https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=177004.0
      - Everything on the bike which was damaged was replaced with new by Helderberg Yamaha Paarden Island and the bike has no issues since then
- All services done by Helderberg Yamaha Paarden Island, they know the bike and owner

The deal:
- I will still be using the bike for the next week or so after which it will be parked until sold (or until I change my mind)
- On 50000km I will have it serviced at Helderberg Yamaha
- If  a deal is made on the bike I will take it to Helderberg in Paarden Island who will then keep the bike there until the registration had been done and funds cleared (there is a small settlement on the bike which I might settle now, if not I will ask Helderberg to facilitate the process) - this should protect the buyer and myself and provide peace of mind to all
- I might allow test rides but this is at my discretion dependant on me knowing the person and riding skill with big bikes
   (Eisbein rode the bike not too long ago and will always provide an honest, no-BS opinion, feel free to ask him)

- My asking price is R125,000.00

Photos taken this morning (this is honest and clean Cederberg dirt on the bike, I will wash it on the weekend and post photos of the clean bike as well)

NO, the ABS is not faulty, I took the photo this morning while filling up.

IMG_3943_zpsiabzb3u5.jpg

IMG_3945_zpsyyilaz1f.jpg

IMG_3946_zpsd240oal3.jpg

IMG_3947_zpscxxpxvxl.jpg

IMG_3949_zps2ivi9fad.jpg

IMG_3944_zpsukb1alie.jpg

Contact me via PM or post on the thread.
Bike is in Melkbosstrand.