• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale : Red BMW R80GS (New..Offer))-PROJECT- SOLD!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bossies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I am selling my R80GS (up'ed to 1000cc)

Make: BMW
Model: R80GS
Colour: Red
Year: 1992
Mileage: 69,926km

Price: R40,000 Will consider sensible offer

I bought it in March 2009. The owner was upgrading to a KTM 990. Just before he bought his new bike he had the whole engine stripped and fitted with new gaskets etc by that guy in Lorraine that services BMW's from his home. He said the engine was increased to a 1000cc but I don't have the tech knowledge to prove it to you. It does have the convenient extra oil top-up point at the end of the cylinder. It also has BMW panniers.

Reason for selling: My daughter arrived in July. My wife and I were adamant that we would carry on riding and the baby wouldn't make a difference. Fact is it has and we don't really see ourselves riding for at the least the next 5 years. I can't see the point of mothballing a bike unless it's a project or a really really special collectors item. Fair enough a R80GS is becoming a collectors item but I'd rather pay the sale into my home loan. It's not the worry of an accident or something but more that I wont go out riding without my wife and we wont ride out together without our daughter. I will only be prepared to pillion her when she it 7 or 8. So that's it for now. I also can't see the point of keep ing a decent bike just for the odd once a month morning breakfast run. Rather go do something together as a family, especially as I have little free time anyway.

Because of this I haven't ridden the bike in 6 months. The battery is dead which I will replace with new.

Let me know if you are interested.

Charlie

CIMG9317.jpg

CIMG9319small.jpg