franschoek Motor Museum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dekka

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi there.

I just read a thread of another dog complaining about not being welcome at a certain venue because of his preferred mode of transportation (Bike).

We (myself and Ronsard) had a similar experience in Cape-town this deecember as we left from durbanville to Franschoek specifically to go and pay a visit to the Rupert's motor museum.

Arriving at the gate the security guard just said sorry no bike allowed and if we really want to go in we can park our bikes down there with him and walk up to the museum. Now this is the part that really p*)$ me off.
He said we can park our bikes at the entrance to the venue, this didn't mean in the parking bay at the small security house at the entrance, oh no, they wanted us to park the bike on the shoulder of the highway and then walk up all the way and leave the bike there next to the road. There isn't even a small tree in sight to park under and the closest person or security to our bikes would have been this brightspark which is about 150m from the bikes.

This was really annoying and very inprofessional from their side, I mean most motorcycle lovers also have a big love for cars but they don't cater for bikers. We then phoned them and complained but all they had to say that they have horses on the farm and a motorcycle stresses them up.

Anyway just want to get it out of the system ha ha, and also warn you to save you from a possible heart attack if you want to ride over the security guard at the gate.....

cheers