Friends of Walkerville - Sunday 2009/08/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cono

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
A now famous 100km route through Walkerville with the Rangers, is always a fun and exciting Sunday outing.
Starting off from the home and workshop of Doctor KLR in walkerville, with a familiar and yet exciting ride each and every-time. I arrived to be greated by some famous riders, namely Twiggy, EATMYKTM, Orange KLR, Robin, Mark, Doctor KLR and Ross. Many other regular Walkerville Rangers had decided to spend a more relaxed ride day with their families and kids riding down at SunDowners / ZumBugs. GreenBull, Ryan,Marco on his new bike and some others, we would be meeting that afternoon.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

As luck has it, I had my very first puncture after about 15km into the ride. It was an exciting event, watching others fix my bike for me. I felt like a real fool and cursed my self as if the puncture was self inflicted. But hopefully the rest of the team understood and let's say i made up for it by paying for the first round of refreshments at Hide-A-Way.
Thanks Robin for the "what-ever bombs you gave me to inflate my back tyre.... and Thanks to Doctor KLR, [I think for puncturing the new tube, which was just put in, as we had to use a whole can of Tyre Inflate afterwards]

[See more pics. If not here it means it's not been uploaded ... come back later]

Now... like any self respecting report, we must give glory to the greatest riders of the day.... I'm sure all the boys will agree the best rider of the day goes to me ...NO !!!!!! OK....Twiggy .... stand up and take a bow.... the solo lady rider on her 200 kicked arse out all day .... she either was creating the dust up front or she was up someones rear making sure they twisted the throttel double 360, to get out of her way.

11.jpg

And then at the Ski Slope, EATMYKTM made history. The biggest known bike, KTM 940 climbed through to the top like it was walk in the park.
05.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Due to the fact that we were running late because of the tyre change, a couple of short cuts were taken alond the ride.
We skipped the mud pit. Also because two guys on quads were already bogged down in the mud, so it was clear that the pit was getting extremely dirty. Besides, Mike had such a nice clean KLR 650, it would take weeks to clean afterwards.

We however did get into the water through the tunnels. It was fun seeing the guys & doll wash their bikes.
It's sad to advise that now-one fell on this ride, so there are no real action pics. Well, in a sense, my short legs kinda did put me on a balancing act with the KLR650. There was a choice of either dropping the bike after a tight down incline with short turn of stop and hold the bike up until someone came to my rescue, which Mike kindly decided to do. Thanks Mike....

09.jpg

10.jpg

EATMYKTM, is a famous author and photographer of 2Wheeler Magazine, so i guess there will also be a right up for the mag.

We got close to the Circus and again due to time constraints, started off towards Klipriver and Sundowner. some exciting wooppie doo's another river crossing over the KlipRiver.... it was wet, but fun.  Again, no-one decided to have a swim, thus no becomes famous in the life-ever-after laughing photo's, which you hide from your friends.

12.jpg

Sundowner does a great Egg/Cheese Burger and colds, wet ones, while you watch the manic plastic bikes scream through the air ... damn, these kids are crasy or have never broken bones before. We had a good chat and after feeling rather energetic, we headed back up to Walkerville to load up bikes onto bakkies and have a relaxing cold one at Deep South Pub.

All in all 100km round trip from point of departure to end ...... and then Twiggy says "i must run now to go play hockey " ... grabs EATMYKTM's big ride and rushes off to go play with her balls. Amazing girl, who has become a great accompliced rider who we need no encouragement to teach the boys a thing or two about fearless riding. Girl.....I'll ride in your dust anyday.

Twiggy, EATMYKTM, Mike & Robin ...Thank You for joing the Walkerville Rangers on yet another epic ride.

And Thanks to everyone for their hard work. tools and equipment when my puncture was fixed. Next time let me fix it, it is my bike and my puncture, you took all the fun out of having a puncture.