• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS 2x Bombardier DS650 Quad bikes with Trailer in GP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi Guys,

Selling these two on behalf of a friend. The one with spots is a 2006 model, and the other a 2004 model. I think both will do thier very best to kill you at any given time. So I had the opportunity to ride the 2004 one the other day to see if it would take me out... It did not but I had a blast.

They have been standing for ages unused (until a few weeks back when I teasted the grim reaper)

Honesty section....they could use a service (this is the executive overview) .

The 2004 : I cleaned the airfilter, and checked fluids before I took her for a spin. That was about it. (no wait... I also took a 4pound hammer to her... Explained further down)

So I would suggest (if I don't end up doing all this shit myself) : fresh oil, fresh spark plug, fresh coolant (after drain and check water pump), clean and lube chain and lube in general... Lube is always good ;)

The back Rims got a nasty smiley, looks like the last rider had flat tyres and tried to ride over a landmine at a million kilometers per hour. So when I got a chance to take these out of storage to go play... After pumping the tyres... I discovered they would not hold air... As the smile was substantial. In the spirit of using the right tool for the job, a 4 pound hammer persuaded the tyre and rim to kiss and hold air. (so I could go cheat death)

Due to the age of these things the rubbers in general are somewhat perished. If I had the bucks, I'd replace all the little bits... As I like my stuff like new. And this could be a beast for little money. P. S. This one has a aftermarket pipe to piss off the neighbors.

She needs a new battery, and I'd suggest new air duct pipes.

The 2006 : I've done nothing to it but give it a lazy wash. She is in better overall condition than the 2004. I would suggest the same treatment... A service with new fluids etc. She also needs a new battery. And somehow the oil pipe was routed over the exhaust header...(so she is currently pretending to be my old Landy in my garage) it's just a pipe that needs to be replaced, and routed where it should have been to begin with.

The plan here is to get the pipe so long, so I can get her up and running for a general check.

Then they come with a nice licensed trailer in good condition, 14" tyres. Although I noticed the spare looks a bit perished and had 2 repaired punctures on the side wall (I'd rather call a breakdown that ever attempt to tow anything with that Tyre on... But that's just me)

The trailer has no ramps, but some nice ramps could be made. Looks like there is provision for wheel chocks too. I was tempted to take over this trailer to replace my 3 bike venter. But totally depends on if the sale of this is the bundle... Or is it gets parted out.

Anyhow that's my long story about 2 qauds and a trailer

He is looking for R49500 for the lot. Which I think is fair, based off what I've seen for these things individually. I have them with me in Randburg for viewing. Pm me. Or whatsapp (zero 79 six 974506)

Now I'll attempt to post the pics...
a54fc99e2799362c627a5b9011cb00f9.jpg
f352a7408be4409893e0bd3d6b081b09.jpg
7cab4250dbcb44babc7e1ebd35f84aca.jpg
10cfbc2a3b4cc438cf9be4f8d25b6e75.jpg
dce83ae81386154a61f7b89b3387a568.jpg
7f80b3062033e5ea1a8914de2736351e.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk