Gear hacks - Tips for you trips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodgyloss

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
I have a few tricks that I do regularly, I was wondering if anybody else has any little McGuyverisms to share?

1) Camelbak cleaning kits are really expensive. Effervescent denture tables (the ones you drop into the glass with your false teeth oupa) are far cheaper than do a great job of getting rid of any of the nasties living in your water supply. Bonus points if you can steal some from the nearest old person :)

2) Duct tape over your boots. Boots take a beating. Spiked pegs, shifters, branches and the occasional fall. I tape a few winds of good quality duct tape around the front of my boots to keep the lasting a bit longer. Check out of the state of the tape after a ride to see the level of abuse you're saving your expensive scootertakkies from.

3) Cable-tie your body-armor joints together. Busting a link can mean spending the day constantly adjusting things which is annoying and probably not safe. A few well placed cable ties and strengthen body armour / impact rigs. 

Anybody got any other tricks?