Givi Top box Light Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cronos

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Hay Guys,

a Little something about my self - I am 4 parts crow on my Fathers side and I have an absolute fear of being rear ended - Which I think I got from my mother's side  :eek:  ;D

I also have a thing for lights and being as visible as I can be.  Now on my Twister I have lights all over - Head light LED's, Flashing tail stop lights and I built LED's into my top box to give me some extra stop lights and to have the "White Elephant" top box do more then just go along for the ride.  Now the mod I did worked well, but had some design flaws, like having to disconnect wires before you could remove the box.

When I bought Goldylocks I was told EXPLICITLY by the wife - NO Lights!  :'( 

I had them fit me the E52N top box.  52L of pure top box - This thing is HUGE!!!  The next best thing I could do in the mean time was to add some Yellow Reflective tape to just behind the red plastic's.  This worked well I must add, but was still no lights  :scratch:  Now only when I received the bike and the new box, did I discover that you get a E97 light kit for the top box  :blob1:  This naturally made the crow in me sit up straight and take note.  :mwink:  Looks like I found a loop hole past the wife :deal:

I got my light kit yesterday and spent the better part of last night installing them.  Boy am I chuffed!!  Best thing I could have done...  :ricky:

Here is some pic's....

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0014.jpg