• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gomoto Urban 125cc for sale (SOLD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xchallenge

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
If anyone is looking for a daily commuter to get you from point A to B.
(and at a speed not exceeding 60km/h) then this is the perfect bike for you (provided you also don't care too much about looks)
I'm not writing this post to be funny, but it is actually the more you read it.
This bike will only be suitable for short distances, not exceeding 5-10km a day in my opinion.

The story goes like this....

I used to get my haircut at a Barber in Fourways, his name is Tarik, and he is a very cool Algerian guy who owned a KTM Duke 390.
He decided to sell his bike and invest the money in his business, as he is opening up a Barber in Kynsna soon.

In the month leading up to his move, he came to stay at my place for a month.
He bought a temporary mode of transport for R7 500, which is this Gomoto 125cc scooter.

I rode it once or twice inside the townhouse complex and I thought it was fun, but I could feel this thing was VERY under powered.
I can assure you this bike is cosmetically well looked after, but is by no means in great condition.

It probably needs to have its carburettor cleaned or a new fuel filter or something, but besides that, this thing is sound.
It currently goes top speed of about 80km/h (on a downhill), so just count your lucky starts it goes 60km/k, after all, it is the speed limit.

Anyways, he wants to sell it now, and has entrusted it with me to sell for him, as he has already moved to Knysna.
All the paperwork is available, it is licensed until Feb 2017, the original ENATIS is here, and its got a manual with proof of all the services done to it, and it was very regularly serviced, all invoices are included as well.

He wants to try get R6 000 for it, as he only owned it for about 2 months.
Anyone looking for getting their son or daughter their first 2 wheels, this could be an option, but like I said, its no head turner

Ive attached photos I took of it in my garage and included the link below to see its specs

https://jonway.co.za/catalogue/scooters/gomoto-urban-125cc

Thanks

PS: The seat is stuffed, from standing in the sun, the cheap, plastic cover perished, so I used some Duct Tape to help hide the exposed foam. The bike needs some work, but its better than cycling to work I guess. Perhaps perfect for someone you know is isn't an adventure biker.

It's a 2013 model, but it looks way older, and it has in the region of 18 000km on the clock.

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 2.57.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 2.57.48 PM.png