Got my Giant Loop Coyote soft luggage, OMG!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
I've been waiting for these babies for quite some time. In my day I've owned some soft luggage. Dry bags, soft panniers, Bacbones, rucksacks fastened with tie-downs, you name it.

But none of them really hit the spot.

I wanted my luggage to be:

1. Secure
2. Able to hold my 'standard' Jacko MKIII kit
3. Compact
4. Non-intrusive, ie, I want to forget it's there
5. Must not make it too hard for me to mount the bike  :biggrin:
6. Must be able to put on and take off in seconds

Well after perusing Adv Rider and the interweb in general I came across Giant Loop luggage. In the US the serious DS guys rave about them. Then I learnt that Dustdevil is importing them. Could it be true!

I had one problem. What was I going to take? The smaller Coyote or the big Giant Basin?

Well today I left work to go and gym. Topbox's place is right next to the road on my way there so I thought I'd quickly stop there and enquire about a foam filter. Whaddafark? In walks Dustdevil with some samples. His panelvan is outside, filled with Giant Loop bags. Bring it on.

After faffing a bit and going on like a teenage girl I committed to the Coyotes. Well, the deal was I'd take one and if I felt it wasn't fitting lekker on the HP2 I could swop it for a Giant Basin tomorrow.

So here's the result.

You can see that it's not even full. I packed a lot of shit (for me, not for Cloudgazer) in to fill it up. Still couldn't get it full. List of contents to be added with appropriate photo a bit down.

It really fits the HP2 naarcely.

Attachments

• GL1.JPG
    GL1.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 664
  • GL2.JPG
    GL2.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 667
  • GL3.JPG
    GL3.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 665