Got the bike..now for the rest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pap_sak

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Bought a '08 klr a couple of weeks back and am really enjoying being back on a bike after a 10 year break. Really happy with my choice - plenty power and speed for me and the noise it makes makes frightens the hell out of everyone - another plus i my book  >:D

Bike has got braided hoses and after market can and kendo tyres, otherwise std. It seem to be heavy on oil (will keep an eye on it but seems like 400ml in 500km) but lite on petrol around 19km/l. I will occasionally take the wife out on road but within a 150km radius a couple of times a month - together with kit we weighing in at around 200kg ...went for a small ride together on Saturday and I felt for the back suspension. Now I want to start playing on dirt asap- nothing serious but would like to get into to it slowly. Budget..around R1000 to R2000 per month - so going to take a while.

In what order would you go about making these purchases? (i have an oldish HJC helmet, and decent riding gloves)

Crash bars
Off road tyres
Boots
Jacket
Rear suspension and subframe (2 months savings :'()
Front suspension
Bash plate and bark busters
new helmet
neck brace
Rear panniers/frame

Does that sound fairly responsible and reasonable to you guys?