great site, friendly and civilized to boot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novabiker

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R100GS / Kalahari
Hello, I am an old biker from Canada, retired now and having fun including adventure biking here and there when I can (South America, southeast Asia, and South Africa/Lesotho 6 years ago).  While I'm at it I write up my trips for Canadian Biker.  Africa keeps tugging at me and whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

So in October I am traveling to South Africa with my son, age 23), to buy a couple bikes and tour up to Kenya, maybe Ethiopia, loop around Lake Victoria and over to Namibia and return to South Africa about 4 months later. 

So the plan is to buy a couple dual purpose bikes in the 650 cc range, used but in good condition, and sell again when we return for hopefully about 2/3s of what we paid assuming good condition and maintenance.  Anybody with any suggestions or offers feel free.  We are also open to a long-term rental too if this could work but probably not.  We have to register the bikes in South Africa so hopefully this will not be too complicated.  Hope to meet some folks there, and we welcome international bikers here in Canada.