Hello - From Sunny Sydney

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while.  Find the good old RSA posts wonderfully familiar - many of the places mentioned bring back wonderful childhood and student memories. 

Been in Oz for 10 years now and have made many good DS friends here (about 50% of all DS riders here are ex-South Africans for some strange reason).  Wonderful friendly country with enough space with great rides everywhere.  However it is over policed and the fines for speeding can bankrupt you should you get caught.

I tell stories around the campfire of riding the Eastern Transvaal (what is it called now - Mpumalanga?) around Gods Window, Pilgrims Rest, Long Tom Pass, Swaziland, Cape Point, Garden Route, Transkei, Golden Gate, Namibia via Windhoek to Swakopmund. 

Stories about the great quality roads and scenic out-of-way places like these gets everyone's attention and I am thinking I will be have to arrange a tour of some of my new mates to RSA to see for themselves - drink local beer, good wine, meet friendly bikers and generally have a good time.  Any recoomedations about iteneries etc would be welcome, as well as any recommended DS bike rentals (Mostly BM GS riders, so F800GS & R1200GS - guess they would prefer to stick to the familiar if they rent)

Peter (Ex Bloem, Stellies, Cape Town) :3some:

Ant