• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

*** Helmet Headset/Mic for 2-way radio ***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Quite a few of you have asked for this setup.

Basically it's the same type of Stereo earphone/Microphone setup that's used in the STARCOM1 systems - at less than half the price!

The Headset has the cable-set or plug that allows it to be used on Kenwood Radios, which means those ZARTEK ZA-705 & ZA-708's that a lot of you have will work with this.

https://www.zartek.co.za/za705.htm
https://www.zartek.co.za/za708.htm

The setup consistes of:
- Stereo speakers that are super slim and fit into the helmet behind the padding
- High sensitivity Microphone
- PTT (Push to Talk) button that can be mounted on the handlebars (if needed I can post some pics of PTT installations as well as recommend the best we've found through trial & error)
- Spiral coiled lead that allows you to disconnect the setup from your helmet, but leaves the headphones/Mic installed.

I have been using a Zarek radio for over 2 years and when riding with your buddy, it adds a new dimension and safety to the ride.
Great for group rides where the sweeper can remain in contact with the front riders.
Great to warn your mates of potential hazards or just to let them know you have stopped to take a photo.

Those of you that have done the Amageza - most of you will have the radio's......... now make sure you use them on your rides!

Once your setup is installed - a mere push of the index finger and the comms work....... no fumbling with a cumbersome and loose radio!  :thumleft:

If you use a small "mini-phono" extension, the same Stereo headset will also allow you to connect to your MP3 player...

I'm looking at bringing a few of these sets back to SA .............  they sell over here for £20.00 per set (around R 320.00 if you add postage to SA & Customs VAT..?)

I could probably bring them in for around R250.00 per set (for 1 helmet installation)

Would appreciate comments/interest/show of hands who'd be interested?    :mwink:

Attachments

• Headset.jpg
    Headset.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 247