Help, advice, bike for rent.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear WDAR folks, great to read all the trips  and info here. To cut a long story short my younger brother has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer and I have decided to start doing the things I always wanted to do rather than put em off for next time or later on in life as you just don't know if that will be an option.

So as a frequent  business visitor to ZA I have decided to do what I always planned and hire a bike and do some serious riding and see this great country.

Spoke to some folks in CT who rent bikes and  can organise routes and they said  for travels in late May/ early June they wouldn't recommend going east to  Port Elisabeth rather  do western / northern cape and perhaps go into Fish Canyon Namibia.
I have 7 days to do trip from Cape and then another 4 days to do a separate trip up to a game park from Jo Burg base.. maybe Kruger ....
Anyone have any advice re great places to go a ride Im all ears.... my ride style; is more road and good trails... not really wanting to do much rock hopping etc ....
Anyone recommend good places to rent a bike... love to rent a KTM 990.....

Im an experienced rider and have four bikes of my own.. Ducati Multistrada 1200/ Yamaha FZ1/ KTM 640 and KLX250 S....

I love game parks and know i can't take bike in ( or can you ???) but was originally planning to  go to Addo from CT start point..  open to all suggestions.....

About me.. 54 years young Aussie who lives and rides in Thailand..... run my own company  here ...
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Monty