HELP!!! BMW vs The Dark Side

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minora

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
So you get Land rover guys and the Cruisers guys, those who believe in a “308” and others in a “30-0-kwes”, National-Luna vs. Engel and of course some believe only in a GS and others swear by the Dark Side.  Moral of the story is that we all like a certain brand and stick to it no matter what!

But I would like an honest opinion from everyone, not just because you are brand loyal. This is my story:
I’m a first time buyer that needs assistance in deciding which bike to buy. The only experience I have is that I grew up with a quad bike and rode around on the plot and surrounding areas.  I can ride bike, but haven’t done any high millage really. 

Yes, I know that at the end of the day I need to go out and test ride the bikes and will do it, but I will not be able to comment on stuff like suspension, brakes, better handling etc due to lack of experience.  :-[

Height: 1.88m
Weight: 87kg  :eek:
Budget: R95K max (2de hand)

I’m still studying part time so do not have the $$$ to buy and sell every time my ass starts to itch or when a new model is released, so I want something that I can ride for the next 5 years minimum.  :deal:

Purpose: Will not use it to commute, want something to take the road less travelled, not too technical stuff (for now at least).

Please also comment on stuff like service- & running costs, repairs, insurance etc.

Maybe this will help:
Land rover vs. Cruiser - Cruiser
308 vs 30-0-“kwes” - Neither, 7x64mm  :thumleft:
National Luna vs. Engel - Engel

So I question you fellow dogs,
Am I a BMW guy or will the dark side welcome me?

Your honest opinions will be appreciated.

Ps – From which year model did the katooms came out with ABS?