Hi All....Ugly old bloke from EC living in USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Baldy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hey All

Originally from PE (well, born in Zambia, but brought up in Uitenhage and PE from '61 to '99 with bits a pieces elsewhere), before coming to the USA in '99.

Old time biker....got the bug as a laaitie  back in '69 or whenever the very first Buffalo Rally was held in Bathurst, near Port Alfred on the EC, and the Hells Angels came to town. And the new Honda CB750 arrived with those 4 big xorsts coming out the back!!! Man...that was a cool bike. Electric start! :)

Anyway...have been riding since '75. from my first 50cc Zook TS50 to my current Ducati 996/999 hybrid and my two KLR650s (mine and one for my son to ride with me).

We did 14000k's to the Arctic Circle across Canada and into Alaska, in the summer of 2008, in 3 weeks. Great trip, but never made the final bit to the Arctic ocean, because of a mud slide taking out the road.

This summer, we're heading out to Labrador, NewFoundLand and Nova Scotia and back on the East coast of North America. Quite remote and should be fun....and a much shorter 7000kms this time, so only need 2 weeks. Easy riding....we hope. :)

Cool site....and I love the good 'ol SA humour!!!!

Cheers,

OB