Hi everyone, I'm a newby from King William's Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldmaSA350

Puppy
Reaction score
Good day everyone,
I have just 4 weeks ago bought myself a 2005 Dakar and have fell in love with it head over heels.
Although not new to bikes this is my first off-road bike. So much to learn, and I mean MUCH to learn.
My inseam is fairly short and my biggest obstacle was to mount/unmount and then stopping with my short legs.  :laughing4: Thinking back I can only laugh at myself when I took the bike for a ride the first few times. Since then I have gained a lot of confidence and is very much comfortable with the height, but only when doing on-road riding.
And to top it all I have bought a few "plasies" in the beginning but it is going beter now.  :eek7:
My plan is to realy get used to adventure riding with this bike and in a year or two buy a new bike.
I do need lots and lots of training when it comes to dirt road, mudpools, soft sand and uneven dirt road surfaces.
I have no intentions going serious off-roading jumping logs and ditches. And for this I need to lower the Dakar. If anyone can point me in the right direction getting lowering links locally here in South Africa I'd love to hear from you.
I have browsed the forum for a week or so and am impressed with the comradie and knowledge of forum members. Well done!! :cheers:
Hope to get much involved in forum activities and will ask lots of stupid questions. Remember, I'm still green.
Thanks again for a great forum and happy two wheeling to all of you.