Hi from Cape Town Boertjie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boertjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi I'm Boertjie. I live just outside Cape Town. I bought my Honda XL 1000 Varadero 2000 model, 33,021 kilo's on the clock, today. It is a lovely bike, with larger screen, all the goodies, dyno tuned, specially jetted for extra power, real noisy special deep tone exhaust system, in great condition.

I am 45... well just about... 6 days to go... but a totally novice rider. In my youth I played with a Kawa KLX 250, had a year long afair with a Honda CBK400 and did a few klicks here and there with the bikes of buddies... including a Honda something something 120, Honda CBF900, Kawa 1300, Suzi GSX 1100 and Yammy TW200.

First wife did not want to hear about a bike... held on to that one for 12 years, then disengaged, but alas, not too long before I got hitched again. Second try... well, she used to be a biker herself, but would not hear anything about us getting a bike. Until I hit the Mid Life Crisis and decided that I do not give a shit what anybody else says, I am getting my bike. This brings me to today.

Lovy's still at work, so she does not know yet. SURPRISE!!!

Looking forward to the experience, but also the chatting on the forum.

The guy that I bought the bike from told me... now, do not be a windgat. Well, I am not!! I am now still a banggat!

Regards

Boertjie