• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honda Varadero for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
I selling my '99 model Vara. Sad day because she has never missed a beat. Stopping biking after 40 years in the saddle mostly for health reasons.
Most people consider the Vara to be a "softroader" not up to the job of touring the dirt roads of Southern Africa.
I proved them wrong and this Vara is kitted out to do just that.
Most of the 69300km has been on dirt roads including Nam.
The price: R55 000. WTF I hear you say. Not a bad price considering the following extras....
1. Scott Ohlins rotary steering damper with custom made tower and bracket (not available for the Vara anywhere). Works like a dream and as far as I know, the only Vara in the country with one fitted.
2. Hepco and Bekker wrap around crash bars. Believe me, they work.
3. Hepco and Bekker main stand. Varadero doen't have a main stand as standard.
4. Modified side stand with big base for soft sand etc.
5. Powerbronze screen and original screen.
6. TG Tornado pipes loud enough to scare the crap out of all animals and birds that might think of crossing the road. Improved grunt as well. Snap crackle and pop. Standard pipes are also included in the deal.
7. Perspex headlight cover
8. Hi risers for the extra lift of the handlebars. Helps keep your body weight off the front end and helps relax the arms on the long road.
8. Aluminuim handlebar end wrap around protectors. They work.
9. Hella plug to charge anything from your cell to GPS. My pump is also fitted with a Hella male connection. Easy to use and pumps flats in no time. Don't use cigarette sockets any more.
10. Tyres, both Heidenau with plenty of Kilos left.
11. Oxford Sport soft side luggage, well used but in good condition.
12. Recently fitted and tensioned new steering head bearings.
13. The front fork springs on the Vara have always been a weak point (very soft ride). Running through soft stuff the bike tended to wallow and down you go. Fitted stiffer fork springs and in conjunction with the steering damper, she  runs very true. No more tank slappers.
14. Fitted booties to the shocks. No more pitting, hard insect remains and therefore no fork seal leaks.
15. Busy fitting new Xring chain and sprockets

Wouldn't know how upload pictures and if I can send anybody some to do for me, I'll appreciate it.
Alternatively, PM me and I will gladly sed you pics of all above via email.
Price could be slightly negotiable

The bike is in Mossel Bay, Southern Cape Region

Tony the boney Varadero