How close do you want to be...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francois marais

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I have been noticing the following trend for the past few weeks....

I try to keep to the speed limit all the time on the bike.  But the people in their cages just do not care. 

The 2nd of March AJ van der Westhuizen (ID 960413 5121 085) with his Gold (Reg:  SLM105GP) decided to get on my ass and try to run me off the road.  I had to stop for a Land Rover that pulled infront of me, and this bloke plowed into the Berg Bokkie.  Did not have a huge amount of damage on the bike.  Only blew the lights out.  He told that cop shop that I was to blame for stopping at a traffic circle. I had to take the chance.  BMW F650GS vs Land Rover Defender...

This morning I was almost taken out by a guy who decided to turn to Wilgers hospital.  He was in the wrong lane and started down my lane, almost clipping my rear tire.  When I showed him the question wave, he gave me the finger. So again, in his view I was to slow, because he tried to pass me on the right hand side where traffic got the worst of him.  Then decided to scare the poo out of me, by passing so close that you feel the bike move under you (either it was me off loading a load of poo, or he nicked my bikes rear wheel...

Not far away from that a bloke in a Mahindra also decided to give the clipping sport a go when he passed me and decided to get back in to the lane I was in (doing 72km/h in a 70 km/h zone) while he was next to me.  Now I know it was a company bakkie CR88CR GP, but I could not remember the company. Just remember it was a living project thing...

While doing 70km/h in a 70km/h zone there was one person going slower.  The one TBL I passed.  Is it just that no one cares for the speed limit anymore?  Is it that they are late for work or what the screw is going on?  Must you break the law in SA to stay in one piece?  What do the guys on scooters do?  Most of them can't do more than 60 km/h?  How do they feel?  I just know one thing.  On the roads, you are taking your life in your own hands.  People just don't care anymore.