How do I report a 3 vehicle accident?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Had a little incident yesterday.

I was stopped at a red light, between the 2 lanes about 2 or 3 cars back from the robot as there was no space to filter any further forward.

Robot changed and the left lane started moving before the right lane, the car to my left was pulling a dodgy old, very wide trailer and I realised he had no clue how wide the thing was and was going to collect me as I had nowhere to go. Managed to pull my left leg out of the way before the wheel arch of the trailer hit my bike, knocking me over onto the stationary car to my right.

There was no space to pull over right there (on the Grayston/M1 bridge) so the car to my right suggested moving just down to where there was a bit of space. I got there to find that the van pulling the trailer had legged it. No plate on the trailer, didn't have time to get the van's plate either. Silver/grey Vito thing though. :x

How do I report this? It's been a while but don't those accident report forms only have Vehicle A and Vehicle B? The damage to my bike is minimal and on a crashbar (which i'd eventually damage anyway the way I'm riding offroad) but my handle bars managed to dent the car on the right so he obviously is going to want that fixed. 

Lesson learned: Be flipping wary of trailers.