I desperately need to choose a new bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagittaire

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
It's 2 years since I wrote my 1200GS off in a low speed accident with a pedestrian which left me with shattered wrist bones and concussion, and him with two broken legs. It's 4 years since I sold my X-Challenge that I used in Madagascar for a couple of years.  Ok so all I have now is a 1980 P150 Vespa but don't laugh, it's very very fast.  My wife is slightly over the motor bike hating thing AND she regularly sees me bleeding from my MTB crashes riding Holla Trails, so things are sort accepted that I'm getting another bike.

It's now time, I must get another bike but I don't know what to get.  What I do know is I want something smaller and lighter than a 1200GS. I have really been reading a lot about what is said on WD and basically it must be an adventure/Enduro. I want a bike I can use for anything including riding around town.

I saw a KTM 690 Enduro that looked like something I would enjoy but I don't know much about KTM except that they look mean.  So, anything in the Enduro 450-690 size bike is all I can say that I want. There's a X-Challenge for sale in Durban but it's done 50000km and 2007, as well as I have been there done that.

My question really is which bike? Yamaha WR450?  KTM really appeals to me, or is it just the orange and black color scheme that's playing with my brain?  I just don't know so would appreciate any comments from you guys, as well as any decent bikes you know of for sale on this forum. Not a new bike and not older than 2010, maybe?