Ignition Barrel - 950 Adv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stof

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
This morning my whole dash was dead. No speedo funny values, just dead. Also brake lights, horn, rev counter, indicators. I checked the relevant fuse, still fine. Then fiddled with my hand inside the fairing where all the wires run, and it came back online. Stopped later to refuel, dead again. Haven't had time to do fault finding yet. BTW, the headlight still fine. I guess it's on another circuit.

Anyone with experience with above? Also, can one, as a weekend project, redo all the wiring with beefier, proper auto-elec eqpt? Or is that not advised?

EDIT:

Through process of elimination I now found it is in the ignition barrel itself  :'(

When the key is in the run (furthest to right) position, the instruments are dead. When I push it slightly left (against the 'on' setting) it makes contact and everything's fine. Taking my hand off of the key, dead again...

Does anyone know if you can open that barrel and try to fix something, or must the complete unit be replaced?

I'm guessing that would be a bok se prys....