KTM 990 Adv dead dash, no fuel pump niks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tr0jan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
My 990 died after a spark plug change.

The dash is dead, nothing except the backlight on the rev counter comes on. No whine from the fuelpump, no click click in the dash area. ABS backlight does not come on as per dash issues. Dead as in dead.

The hooter works, turn signals, lights. Nothing else.

I washed the bike thoroughly, and diluted old oil with diesel on the bike. I did not go aapkak, but had to clean things. Not sure if this is why, but putting it out there.

I tested the following:
Battery is at 12.8v. I connected a charger too. It holds power.
Kill switch on/off with a multimeter.
Ignition I unscrewed. Its only two wires anyway. This seems in order.
Bridged the far right fuse with the 3rd from the right which bypasses ignition. Still dead.
I disconnected the battery and left for five minutes.

I tested the main fuse, its fine.
I tested the starter relay. It clicks properly.

Side stand switch I disconnected and reconnected. I dont think this causes the dead dash. Its dead all together.

I switched the indicator relay with the starter relay, Then switched them all around again. Makes no difference, the flickers also still work after this.

I have tried so many things, its hard to even recall what else I did.

I also, when opening a connection etc, spray with q20 and also if there is any kind of pin. I clean it.

What say the LC8 experts? I am stumped. Here is to hoping its something small...