Intro and desparate cry for help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jogi_c

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
Hi all,

Just a short introduction: I stay in Centurion and are VERY new to biking. The last time I was on a bike was 3 years ago, and the throttle cable gave up the ghost. The time before that it ended up with me strapped to a backplate in the back of an ambulance  :'(

Due to work commitments taking me out of the country for extended periods I just never got back into it. But I am back in the country and the itch started again. Recent fuel price hikes and having to spend hours every day traveling from Centurion to Jhb, the biking thing just started making sense to me again. I have read several pages on this site, and the forum is very informative, although sometimes controversial  >:D

Now my cry for help:
For my past sins I have a Triumph Tiger, the old model with the spoked rims and carburattor (My cage is a Landy, what can I say). The bike has been standing for 3 years, and I need help to get it going again.

Is there anybody here that can recommend a shop, or a good techie that is prepared to do a PJ? A techie doing a PJ will be the first option for me, as it will give me the opportunity to learn something.

Looking forward to meet up with you dawgs, to learn, and to hopefully contribute something usefull in the near future.