Introduction - Adolf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Hi All
I am new to this. My name is Adolf and I live in Eversdal. I went a few times with my brother in law for a ride on his XR600R around the Eastern Free state (Verlore Vallei, Geluksburg, old van Reenen pass etc as he lives near Harrismith) and liked it.

I recently bought a 2001 Honda XR650R (unregistered) as I plan to mostly use it on off road trips. I was planning to get it legally on the road but after a visit to the engine clearance dept in Bellville, it turns out the rules have changed. As far as I know, it used to be possible as long as the bike was not stolen. According to these guys, if the vin is not on their system, then it is impossible to get it on the system?? Would be nice if you can actually go to wherever you want to start by bike and not by car and trailer, offload your bike, find a place to leave your car and trailer and then go for a ride.

The bike is fairly clean (needs a few parts like belly plate and chain slider) and has got much more power than I can handle.

My other bike for going around town is a XR250 Tornado (a bit dead after a ride on the BRP)  