Its winter and time to work the cattle......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thysman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
I've been a Wild Dog member for a while now, previously I owned a GSXR 1000 K1, but after the birth of my son, I decided to give it up and try something more relaxing..... ::)

After a lot of drooling over all you guys bikes I finally bought my KTM 640 Adventure and took it for its first longish ride.

My parents live on a farm in the Reddersburg area where we all (dad, me & the brothers) have a share in the cattle we farm with.....
So Saturday the date was set to get the cattle into the kraal to do the annual winter vitamin jabbing-, horn cutting-, ball chopping- and ear marking of new calves thing.....mmmm....I thought......the perfect opportunity to take the beast for our first "Adventure" together... :laughing4:

It all started nice and cold, and soon I was on my way. Only when I crossed the N1 on the Wurrasoord gravel road I noticed the "road closed" signs stating that the bridge at the Reddersburg dam washed away with all the previous rains......!!!
Out comes the cell with a quick update from dad on how bad the damage to the bridge was "....its washed away at the far side with the river still flowing strong...." comes the feedback.
Shit, what now......my first thought was what the hell, everytime I read one of you oke's RR's I dreamed about also doing this sort of thing, so I carried on to asses the damage for myself....

The bridge was indeed washed away, so I decided to test the Adv.'s aquatic capabilities which really surprised me as we crossed the river with ease only to exit on the bank with the bike suddenly dying on me.....tried the happy button but all she gave me was a disappointing  krrrrrr......the battery was dead.

Luckely the 640 has a backup in the form of the kick start.....F"*K....what a mission, especially on sandy stuff......

Eventually got her started and up the bank ........so this week I'm definitely getting a new battery.....

Attachments

• DSC00568.jpg
    DSC00568.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC00570.jpg
    DSC00570.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC00573.jpg
    DSC00573.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC00574.jpg
    DSC00574.jpg