Johannesburg - Lesotho - 19 March - 27 March

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katools 11

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Good morning WD.

We are planning a trip to Lesotho over the Easter weekend.

I will be leaving Johannesburg early Saturday (19th) morning towards Bloemfontein (Destination might change) to meet up with some good mates of mine from Cape Town. They will be leaving Friday from Cape Town.

Final plans will be clarified but if i look at the options the following should happen, we will leave from Bloem after a brunch to Clarens where we will more than likely stay over. (Saturday Night)

The main attraction for the trip will be Sani Pass and we want to climb it instead of entering Maseru and working our way from there.
I am waiting for the Cape Town team to finalize the exact trip and therefore i wont be able to plot the trip just yet.

Reason for posting so long is i would like to find out if there might be a dog or two from Gauteng side that might be interested in joining me from Gauteng?

We like to keep the company to a maximum of 6 bikes or so to make things run a bit more smooth (traveling on gravel and also places to stay over)
Currently there will be 2 riders from Cape Town and no more than a 3rd joining pending conformation.

So if we can have a convoy of 3 from Gauteng that should be perfect.

One of the riders from Cape Town used to work for BMW somewhere in the States and as far as i understand he was heavily involved with taking tourist in and around Lesotho on GS's so the man knows what and where we should and want to go :ricky: :ricky:
Even better than this is that the man is a Bike mechanic and will be of service free of charge should something end up going wrong :biggrin:

As for accommodation and the financial side of the trip i wont be able to confirm anything just yet but we will get that sorted in advanced. I am planning on taking my tent and so on just in case. I am also planning on traveling 2000/3000 km (Might be Less)

As for newbies interested but not confident I have to confirm that i am new as well. So we wont be traveling at ridiculous speeds and we will be taking our time.

Let me know if any one is keen so i can inform the boys from Cape Town.

Post will be updated frequently as time moves closer.