Jules and Li Ride Swaziland - December 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
swazi17.JPG

We werenâ??t planning to go away in December but when RCI let us know that our time share points were expiring at the end of the year we took the opportunity to book 2 chalets at the Ezulweni Sun from the 1st to the 5th of December.
As we were taking the kids and other family members with us the decision was made to trailer the bikes down and then make day trips around Swazi on the bikes.

What can I say about Swaziland, this is truly Adventure Bikers Paradise! The People are friendly the streets are clean and we were lucky to have great biking weather. The mornings were cool and overcast with rain in the evenings to suppress the dust. Our first trip was due south from Manzini. We left at 5:45am for the 200KM route, Our idea was to leave early and get in a long ride and be back by lunch to spend some time with the kids and family.

swazi22.JPG

First Water!
swazi24.JPG

Something to note in the LOADS of pictures I will post is the stunning roads in the background and the awesome green scenery, this is a beautiful country.

swazi28.JPG

swazi29.JPG

Our route took us up the mountain for what felt like ages, the roads got steeper and steeper  and we were rising up towards the cloud cover, It felt like we were going to end up in space.
swazi30.JPG

swazi32.JPG

swazi33.JPG

swazi35.JPG

swazi36.JPG

After entering the cloud cover visibility dropped to less than 5 meters, it was scary having these drop offs next to you and not knowing whatâ??s coming next, We were down to 30kph at one point and just when it felt like we would be suffocated we broke free and drove out on top of the clouds Wow it was amazing so much so I forgot to take a picture 
swazi38.JPG

swazi41.JPG

swazi42.JPG

I R The Dirt Stig
swazi43.JPG

Li Flying Past
swazi44.JPG

At one point while riding past a massive forest we took a small fire trail into the heavily wooded forest.
swazi45.JPG

swazi46.JPG

swazi47.JPG

The forest trail led along a very rutted path right up to the recently cut down section of the forest
swazi52.JPG

swazi53.JPG

swazi54.JPG

Li was amazing through the whole trip, her trail and technical riding skills are improving in leaps and bounds!
swazi55.JPG

End of the Forest
swazi56.JPG

Jules is having fun in case you didnâ??t know!
swazi57.JPG

swazi58.JPG

Day 1 ends with 240km on the clock and some truly wonderful roads and trails ridden.
We took some smaller paths that often ended up in dead ends or in someoneâ??s back garden loads of fun and we were back in time for lunch.