...just before you start stripping:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

650Thumper

Pack Dog
Reaction score
To all the DIY "Nutters"  ( ...of which I'm certainly part off )

Since 2005, I've had a few "Moments" with my Dakar. 

1.) There was the "realization" that there's no oil in the reservoir... ( Loaded the bike on my dad's bakkie,  drove of to BMW, started sharing my horror... only to be asked by Lenny; "did you check the oil cold or with the engine warmed up"  :-\  ...there was oil in the reservoir!  :p (engine must we warmed up)  :deal:
2.) There was the "rumbling noise in the engine" ...turned out to be a lose & somewhat worn chain
3.) There was the "Morning of the Slipping Clutch" ...and one robot before pulling into BMW I discovered that it was the hand guard that moved down and prevented the clutch lever from fully releasing/disengaging.
...mmm 4.) And another embarrassing moment at BMW when Lenny showed me a broken wire on the Headlight plug

...But this one, by far my worst: 
More than a month ago my speedo cluster just started going bezonkers, the clock would display jibberish characters, the needles jumped from zero to max...  all while the engine just kept going like it do best.  Pulled in at BMW, Lenny swopped out all fuses and discovered, "if you squeeze the harness here" things start jumping, clicking and resetting...  So with a big thank you I drove off thinking.  ...Just need to find a worn wire or two.

Attachments

• SadDakar.JPG
    SadDakar.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 284
  • SadDakar2.JPG
    SadDakar2.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 279