Just found Wild Dog Adventure Riding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Hi All,

I've been visiting Namibia for a bit, but unfortunately not on two wheels. Can't take the moto adventure out of the gal, so I started fumbling around the Internet looking for two-wheeled adventure options in South Africa (specifically a bike to tour on). I'm an active contributor on the ADVrider forum in the USA, and I posted a question there about bike in South Africa, and, well, I ended up on here. Cheers!

In the states I ride a KTM 950 Adventure, but earlier in the year I just picked up a DR350 just for fun on the other coast. Well, that and I needed wheels and two are always more fun than four.

Last year I sold my DR650 to pay for a trip to India. I quit the corporate world in 2006, and now I ride and write stories and barely make a living but I have one hell of a life. I'm a South Africa noob--still learning my geography, and, well, everything else this bold and beautiful continent has to offer. In the coming weeks I'll be trolling the forums here looking for a cheap bike, and my next post will be looking something of that sort, but I will be lurking and reading and boning up on all aspects of two wheeled travel here.

My biggest trip so far was 7 months solo riding from the US to Argentina on the abovementioned DR650, but Africa has wrapped its tight fist around my heart and soul, and I suspect my experiences here will eclipse everything else in my life. I hope this chapter includes two wheels!

~MAG (Alisa)