• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Kawasaki KE100 1973 Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bergie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
I started working on this bike for my brother to use on the farm (it was used near Douglas on a farm so hardly any rust) instead of his car.  As with most other projects in my garage, I just don't get the time to work on it.

It is a two stroke engine, with lots of compression.
It ran well at idle, but as soon as you gave it gas, it sounded like it smothered, so I had a new emulsion tube machined for the carb. Replaced a perished fuel line and added an inline fuel filter. Also put on a new rear tyre as the old one was moeg.
I cleaned out all the old 2-stroke oil in the zorst with a blow torch, and repainted it with heat resistant paint.
All the parts are there (except the two plastic covers underneath the seat)
So I re assembled the carb, but have not gotten it started again.

I have the workshop manual so this would make a very nice first project for any kid (or grown up which wishes he was still a laaitie) and shouldn't cost alot to get running, only time and tinkering.

Here are some pics - I would only like to cover my cost thus far, and I am not trying to make a profit by selling it.  Any offers would be considered  :-\ (But the one who convinces me that he is going to restore The Piesang to it's former glory will be the first to collect.)

KE100%252520R.jpg

KE100%252520L.jpg

KE100%252520Naked.jpg

KE100%252520Naked%2525202.jpg

KE100%252520Clocks.jpg