Klr, Doohickey vs Malawi = Advice Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPaul

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
So I bought my PUP, a few months ago. Since then I have enjoyed my KLR so much. I have spent a few cents here and there buying the things that make it AWESOME.

A few mates of mine, have decide that this years trip, is to Malawi via a route I didn't even look at on the email but said cool lets do it. We leave on the 25th of April and I WANT to take my KLR to Malawi!

My question or rather worry is this, My KLR is a 2010 version with 3300km's on clock......."Previous owners comment  ???" I took that has it hasn't been done

Doohickey,,,,,,, Questions

1. Will this Hickey thing last 5000 k's on this trip without breaking something that will hurt my pocket, damage my pride and joy,      or worst, park my bike on the trailer ? ???
2. If it's to be replacement, who is the best at it ? ( as my mechanical skills after watching the youtube video will cope , but time here is a problem )
3. advice is need  as, I can take the other bike but, I have really invested into the  KLR for Malawi, and obviously I haven't spent time on the beamer, which is ready ( sort of ) barring a once over  for brakes etc ( basically 2k service ).

I know it's late in the game for this changing things up but give me some thoughts, or help ?.........................

I have posted a few pictures, as I have done things with the bike, ie Top box, crash bars, suspension wiring harness's  etc. I have really flipping enjoy this bike. so I want ride it to Malawi

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_4985.JPG
    IMG_4985.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_5147.JPG
    IMG_5147.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_5134.JPG
    IMG_5134.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_5345.JPG