KLR Tune Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLR650

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
My 2013 KLR started to feel a little sluggish to me recently, it has 8500 km's on now and I figured its just in my head, but this weekend when a friend and I went on a outride I struggled to ride out Sir Louwries Pass at 120. Full taps there was nothing more and on flat roads with a slight head wind I struggle at 120 - 130 kph.

I do completely understand it is a 20 year old design and I respect the fact that the KLR's are not fast by any means, but I have read on some sights and forums that the KLR's come out the factory very lean and I was wondering if there is a reputable and knowledgeable workshop in the Cape Town area, or even Helderberg if possible, that knows KLR's and can fine tune my bike, thats to say if there is anything to tune up.

The bike is still under warranty so I dont want to do anything yet that will put it out of warranty, just a checkup and tweaking to see if everything is cosure, and roughly what it will cost.