Knock knock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogas

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
Who's there?
Just another Mutt seeking permission to enter the haloed portals of the Airhead section  :biggrin:
I have been inspired by the achievements of Freak, Louis1972, oo7 and all the others doing similar things to acquire myself an old airhead and get busy.
The good news.
My search for a victim has produced a 1977 R100S. 28 000km on the odo and apparently last run in about 1987.
The bike has no obvious crash damage, indicators broken off, flat tyres, covered in dust but stock standard.
It even has the original hand pump clipped into the subframe under the seat.
The bad news.
The right side spark plug has been cross threaded. It was halfway in and nipped up skew. I would probably be able to clean up the thread from the inside out with a tap when the head is off.
The bike will not go into gear. On the center stand, plugs out, I tried to get it into gear and rotate the crank via the back wheel. The gear lever feels ok and centers correctly but will not select 1st or second.
There are no papers. I found the registration number on the old 3rd party disc (remember those?) so I will be off to the local testing grounds to find out it's registration status.
I have put in a ridiculously low offer and hope to hear soon that I can pay and collect.
I have no aspirations of restoring her to her former glory but am leaning toward a Bobber rebuild.
The budget will be tight (I promised SWAMBO) so there will be lots of "in house" refurbishing and fabricating.