• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KTM 300 wanted in Port Elizabeth area + buying advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanjea

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Yes yes Honne, O0

As per the title I am on the lookout for a KTM 300 in the Port Elizabeth Area.

I have many years of experience on my GS adventure but would like to experience full blown hard core off-road.

I've done a lot of reading on these machines and it all points to the KTM 300 - I want to go flying like Travis Pastrana!

As this is my 1st bike in this class I would like to spend in the region of 30k - from what I've seen this should get me a 2009 or 2010 bike.

Since this is my 1st 2 stroke I am also asking the dawgs to please advise me on purchasing these bikes (I've heard of faulty starter motors pre 2014 etc) and what to look for.

Hopefully, if all goes to plan, I will be a expert on these machines and end up with a KTM 300 by the end of this thread 8)

I have a KTM 300 owner colleague that may be able to help me go have a look at a bike in person if necessary.

My appreciation in advance guys :thumleft: