Ktm back up service in kzn/South Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Greetings dogs,

I have had an itch for quiet a while now, that won't seem to go away. Sometime in the future it may need to be scratched. I was wondering what the Ktm back service is like in kzn? A little bit of history, a couple of years ago, I bought a ktm 990 R brand new, I was living in Johannesburg at the time, and there was only one ktm dealer close to me, which had to be the dealer of choice. The bike gave me endless issues, everything from nuts loose in the steering column, which almost killed me on the day I fetched it, to problems with the waterpump. All the issues would not be expected of a brand new bike.The dealer that sold me the bike, wanted nothing to do with me or the bike, guess once they have their money, you become bottom of the priority list. After owning her for two years, the bike was finally right, and I absolutely loved her. Unfortunately not long after I got her right, personal issues forced me to sell her. I know own a bmw f800gs, that I bought because I missed the riding so much, and I got a really good deal. It's a nice bike, but I really miss my ktm. I had the opportunity to ride an 1190r not so long ago, and have been itching to buy one! However, my previous issues with ktm are continuously in the back of my mind. Can anyone recommend a good dealership to buy a bike from in kzn or at least a good dealership to look after the bike should I decide to buy second hand?I'm not just interested in the free coffee before I sign the papers! I am quiet a meticulous person, and am more interested in the backup service.