KTM Cape Town...again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koplamp

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Being quick to bitch and moan about service I thought it good to post about my most recent experience at KTM Cape Town.

Personally, the following are important to me when it comes to dealerships: 1. Sales people must know their stuff and always take potential clients serious. 2. Parts guys must know their stuff and should have parts in stock. 3. Workshop guys should be trained by NASA and hold a Ph.D in physics or mathematics and preferably have more than 100 hours experience working on something complex like a hadron colider. Confucius says bike should come back in better condition from mechanic than condition in which it went.

Sales department:
Decided to upgrade the old 990 to a fresh new S and decided to speak to KTM Cape Town on this deal. After tracking down a "sales executive" (this took me a while though) I managed to conclude all the business (order a new bike, the extras etc. etc.) in under 10 minutes. Decision making was simple and direct. The deal was structured and the issues discussed written down.  Prices were at hand and the costs of the different options I made were clear to me. When I left I knew exactly what I bought and how much each item was going to cost me - and I was told that I could have it by the end of the week.  As the order was processed I recieved updates via email and the VIN and engine numbers were given to me to allow for insurance arrangements. I was impressed.

Parts and Parts Advisor:
Parts guy had knowledge on exactly what I wanted, knew te difference and characteristics of the different parts and the brands, their prices and even had all of it in stock. Again I was impressed.

The Workshop:
Again I was impressed. The bike was fitted with all the extras (well almost) I ordered. It was ready on the arranged time and I was personally brought up to speed on the modifications and alterations I ordered and the extras I had fitted. The chief mechanic knows his stuff.

All and all I can say that the "force" is strong with KTM Cape Town and I feel confident that my bike would receive good attention in future. Now all they need is a Jedi knight.