KTM Festival 2010 Sun City, 16-19 September 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's going to the KTM Festival in Sun City.

• I will definitely be there with my KTM.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I will definitely be there on my Husaberg.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unfortunately I don't ride one of these awesome bikes.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I am converting to the Darkside, I will be there!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IF ETS is going, I won't be going!

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Just Blip It!

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Right, so who is going. I reckon it would be great to have strong Wild Dog contingent there. Sounds like it will be an exciting weekend! Unfortunately it is only open to KTM and Husaberg riders  :patch: ......but more than enough time for anyone to come over to the darkside and join us there! :mwink:

The application form can be found here;

https://www.ktm.com/KTM-News.223.29.html?nodeID=109951&cHash=0a791a2344

KTM Festival 2010 Sun City, 16-19 September 2010
Finally it is going to happen. THE event of the year. No, we’re not talking about the soccer world cup... The rumour has been out for a while and now KTM South Africa has confirmed that they will be hosting the 2010 KTM Festival at Sun City from 16 to 19 September 2010.
The list of “VIP’s” is long and impressive. Kiwi Chris Birch, two time Roof of Africa winner who recently also won the Red Bull Romaniacs Rally in Romania said he wants to come out to join the KTM crowd on their Enduro outrides. But not just the talented New Zealander is coming… KTM legend and multiple World Enduro Champion Giovanni Sala also added his name onto the list to share stories and memories with his friends from South Africa. Sala already came out twice to SA for the KTM Rally Raid and is well respected in the biking fraternity.

“It’s about time to give something back to our customers.”, says Franziska Brandl, Managing Director of KTM South Africa. “The KTM Family as we call it is something very special and the friendship amongst riders is impressive. We want to make this an annual event and get KTM riders from the whole of Southern Africa together to live their passion and spend a weekend with likeminded people. We will not just cater for the Adventure customers like we did in the past. We want families to come and let the kid’s ride the Junior Motocross track while their dad’s go on an Enduro outride and the wife relaxes at the pool. There will also be a Senior Motocross track, a Supermoto track as well as Street outrides, so every owner of a KTM or Husaberg motorcycle will be able to enjoy the weekend with us.”

The KTM Festival 2010 will consist of daily outrides on Enduro, Adventure or Street bikes as well as Junior MX, Senior MX and Supermoto track riding. Local KTM heroes Alfie Cox, Darryl Curtis and Riaan van Niekerk took their time to check out the Adventure and Enduro routes themselves to make sure the riders will get to ride the best terrain in the Pilanesberg area.

Thursday night will be the opening function with riders’ briefing and a delicious dinner. On Friday and Saturday everyone will have the opportunity to join the Pro’s on the outrides and learn the little trick here and there from them or just enjoy riding the Motocross or Motard track. While the riders are having lunch Brian Capper will excite them with his Xtreme riding show. Sunday, the last day of this very special event, foresees another outride in the morning before they leave Sun City after lunch, taking home lots of memories and new friendships.

PROGRAM OF EVENTS

Thursday, 16 September
14.00 – 19.00    arrival and check-in
19.00                welcome function

Friday, 17 September & Saturday 18 September
07.00 – 08.00    breakfast
08.00 – 13.00    outride / track riding
13,00 – 14.00    lunch
14.00 – 17.00    outride / track riding
19.00                dinner (“prize giving” dinner on Saturday)

Sunday, 19 September
07.00 – 08.00    breakfast
08.00 – 12.00    outride / track riding
12.00                lunch & departure

ACCOMMODATION PACKAGES AVAILABLE AT SUN CITY FROM R3,500
(ALL PACKAGES INCLUDE BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER)
Hotel package date room price
Sun City Hotel full package 16-19 Sept Twin pp sharing R4,500.00
Sun City Hotel full package 16-19 Sept Single room R7,000.00
Sun City Hotel Fri-Sun package 17-19 Sept Twin pp sharing R3,300.00
Cabanas full package 16-19 Sept Twin pp sharing R3,500.00
Cabanas full package 16-19 Sept Single room R5,300.00
Cabanas Fri-Sun package 17-19 Sept Twin pp sharing R2,600.00

"DAY VISITOR" PACKAGES ALSO AVAILABLE
(includes lunch & dinner, outrides and access to the facilities at Sun City)
Package date price
"Day Visitor" Package 16-19 Sept R1,500.00
"Day Visitor" Package 17-19 Sept R1,200.00

Fill in your entry form NOW to make sure you don't miss the KTM Festival 2010.

Please fax or email entry form with proof of payment to 0866 610426 or [email protected]. Only a limited number of rooms available at Cabanas and Sun City Hotel. Book early to avoid disappointment. Entries close 20 August 2010. Phone 011 234 4142 for availability of rooms and/or possibility of a late entry.