KZN: Ride on Sunday the 28th.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings folks

I have had an awesome ride this past weekend. I rode from Hilton up to Swartkops, then out towards Elandskop and on through to Boston. Then a very chilled ride home via the Everglades Hotel and the Dargle road. THe thing is though, that on my way to Elandskop, I missed a turn and ended up geting rather lost and spent ages trying to find my track again. Eventually I gave up on my useless navigation by GPS and went by what I saw in front of me. And also because some of the way was blocked by trees across the path etc. And I dont know how to jump up a bank..not yet anyway..I am working on that one!! :ricky:

In looking at my track that I rode over the weekend, and the actual track that I have plotted on the PC, I have missed out on a huge chunk of it. And I intend to go back and do the whole route if I can. THey are logging some sections so there may be a few "detours" but on the whole it is doable!!

So, who is keen for a ride on Sunday the 28th?? I am thinking that we meet at the Hilton Quarry garage bright and early 7:00am sharp, top up the tanks, have a chat, blah blah. Then head off for a tootle around the countryside, maybe top the tanks again if need be in Elandskop, then stop for lunch at the Boston Tea Party. After which you can either slab it back to town on the Tar or come for a scenic and sedate ride past the Everglades hotel and a coffe at my place in the afternoon.

Side note here: If you need fuel by the time you get to boston, you will have to go back to Elandskop garage, as the one in Boston is now just an abandoned shell with a gravel patch out front.

This isnt really going to be a newbie ride :-\ , but youre welcome to come along. although there are plenty of tweespoor track and gravel road sections that anyone can ride.But for the newbies out there. If you have been putting time in the saddle and practicing your skills, and if you are keen to have a day where you are going to be pushed out of your comfort zone at times, then please feel free to join in. :ricky: you will be helped along the way if you get stuck. I am certainly not a very good rider, but I like to think that I am game to give things a go, so if you think you could have a bash at it, then come along! Just make sure your bike has grippy tyres, cause if its wet out there....its gonna be epic!!  :3some:

There are some rocky sections (well, more like rocky hills to traverse). There is one steep rocky descent  :eek7:and one goat track descent that I am keen to try, but we will have to move the small tree that is blocking the track about halfway down :deal:

Anyway. Have a think about it and maybe get permission from your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/housemate/ whoever, and come for a ride. My wife said yes, so I am definitely going. :lol8: