Leatt Club vs. Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sysie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
I have been riding with my Leatt for just over a year... (Racing quads and now on 2 wheels  :biggrin: . . . commuting daily and adventure riding  :thumleft:)

My wife is joining me more often as pillion so it is time for her to get a leatt too... So I went and got the Adventure version... here is my findings:

They say the brace gives the same level of protection....  It looks like it whould.. I cannot see anywhere where they "tried to cut costs"

The Adventure is covered by a silicon-type spunge...the Club is covered by a material type and I prefer the club's cover.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

The two things that the Club have over the Adventure is the ability to set the height of the front and rear upper parts....  I have adjusted my Club brace to try and match the Adventure and by moving the front all the way up and the rear to about the middle (of the possible movement) I got to the most similar configuration (testing done using a BMW enduro helmet)

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Other than the front and rear adjustability they are SO similar that you can use the pins (the pins on either side that comes in 3 sizes) interchangably and even fit the front and rear to eachother  O0

8.JPG

I find that setting the front to the lowest and the rear to the highest I get the most comfortable fit... again this is with a BMW enduro helmet .. I also have a Airoh S4 and the Airoh is more forgiving to the height of the front upper member. 

The pins on the side and the lower member at the rear setting is set to fit your body and both these settings are available on the Club and Adventure.

The front and rear upper height settings are more to match the helmet and get  comfortable movement.  This is only available on the Club

My Conclusion: I whould buy the Club... the Adventure is good enough for a pillon or someone that will only wear it on occasion... for me wearing it all the time just about every day I need it to be comfortable.

The Club at full throttle is R400 more than the adventure... I will pay that extra for the club brace..   :pot:

We will get many different views on this.. .. So please only take this as MY opinion..

I was using a Airoh with the front upper member set to the middle (default) and it was perfect... then when I got my BMW enduro it was very uncomfortable... (struggle to look down to see the instruments), got home and set the front upper to the lowest and now it is very comfortable.

If you go buy a adventure brace.... take your helmet with.... If you go buy a new helmet... take your adventure brace with...
a Club brace you can make fit  :biggrin:

My wife had it on with her riding jacket and her Vega helmet and she is very happy... I had it on with my riding jacket and with my Airoh it is very comfortable, with my BMW helmet it is managable but not as comfy as with my club brace cause I have the front lowered.

I am happy with it... If I had to replace my club.. I would replace it with a club  ;D If have to replace my wife's adventure... I would replace it with an adventure.... hope this helps  O0 

My 2cents