Londoner Coming over for a SA Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delmastiff

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hey Chaps, I posted this on the Adventure Bike UK forum and they pointed me to you guys.

I'm going to Cape Town (wifes hometown) at Christmas and I'm hiring a 1200 GS LC for a bit of an adventure when I get there.

My wife and son are flying out before me and when I arrive on Dec 30th they'll be in Knysna which is where I'll be joining them.

I'll pick the GS up shortly after I arrive and I've then got the trip across to Knysna. Some fantastic roads and scenery will lay before me I'm sure but am I being unreasonable to think that I can ride that far in a 7 hour period, basically before it gets dark especially after a 12 hour night flight?
Should I be booking a b&b for the half way point? Swellendam looks to be a good stopover place. Any suggestions for a good b&b?

After a week in Knysna, Me and the wife are then going off on our own for a few days for a tour around. We're going to Bloukrans, then back to Mossel Bay to take in a game drive and a night at the game farm.
Next day visiting Outdshoorn and the Cango Caves and then taking on some off road mountain roads, Seweweekspoort has been suggested, on our way to our next nights stopover in Robertson.
Next day will involve dropping back down to the coast, Cape Agulhas, and Chapmans Peak if we have time.

So, I have a few questions please guys; 
which rider / pillion autocom should I go for, not too expensive but one that will work via bluetooth and pick up my phone calls and music streaming?
Also clothing, It shoukd be hot over there then right?  I'll be taking my own crash helmet and boots and they have jackets etc for hire over there. Any advice?

My riding experience only stretches back a few years where I ride in and out of London every day on my trusty Honda Varadero 1000 and I have no long distance experience whatsoever so please, I welcome any tips and advice that you adventurers may have to help and improve this fantastic trip.

Cheers in advance chaps

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk