Long weekend ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennielowe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
Long weekend ride

Day1
It seemed like the weather and the planning all came together for a great weekends riding. I set of from Robertson and rode trough Montagu sanbona and left of anysberg to touwsriver to meet up with ronny, Daniel, chris and fabritzio at the hotel. From touwsriver we rode anysberg and back roads to rooiberg pass that we hit in the dark to Uhuru at Calitsdorp springs where we set up camp next to whe warm water.
IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

IMG_5341.jpg

IMG_5350.jpg

Day 2
Rony and the guys went on from Uhuru to Kareedouw and baviaans and I went to calitzdorp to meet with Generaal and karooseun. We then rode the back roads to swartberg pass and on to Prins Albert for the rugby. We camped in the caravan park for the night.
IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

This was at the owner of the bush pubs house, amaizing
IMG_5448.jpg

Generaal at the camp site
IMG_5459.jpg

Day3
From Prins Albert we rode a stunning back road to Beaufort West that took us 3 hours sand, sand and more sand. We then said goodbye to karooseun at the spur and me and generaal rode to Sutherland, had to do rommelspass in the dark(not fun). We got to Sutherland at about 18:30. Luckily we got some place to stay at the hotel for the night, at –9 we decided camping was out.
IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5483.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

merweville
IMG_5504.jpg

And darkness fell in the pass
IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

Day4
We left Sutherland to ride a dirt section only to find we had to turn back as the gates was locked (dam shame) so we went to matjiesfontein and the to oom fourie in Worchester for a few double brandies.
IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg

oom fouries house
IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5528.jpg

The oom had a hard time keeping me away from these beauties
IMG_5530.jpg

We had a great ride, thanks guys we shall do it again.

View whole album here 213 photos, no kidding!!!
https://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/hennielowe/Long%20weekend%20tour/?albumview=slideshow