Lurker saying hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redone

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Greetings all

I am the now the proud owner of a KLR650 which I call the KLR GS II.

Reason being is that I already own a 'GrasSnyer' for the home, hence the GS II.

To me, it really does sound like a lawnmower, but I am having so much fun with it.

I am busy running it in at the moment.
Book says first 800km, max 4000 revs. second 800km, max 6000 revs. Sounds stupid i know, but I do it with all my bikes.
Whats a few hundred kays in the beginning.

Well tomorrow be the second 800km, cant wait.

The name Redone is a bit old. I first started out with a 650GS in 2005. No lurking on the net then.

Then upgraded to a 1200GS in 2006, with was Red. (RedOne, I suck with nicks). But our lovely interest rates took a hike, it was the house or the bike, the house won, so i sold in November 2006. :(

Took a while, but then bought the KLR end of March 2007. Now, can anyone help me with a name change here please.

So far, I have more fun with the KLR off road than the 650GS. The 1200 we wont even mention. Lovely bike, but my my experience is more suited to an offroad scooter, if you get something like that.

So Ja, Im now riding a KLR and loving it. If you see me on the road, hoot, say howzit, whatever. I'll be the guy with the grey/black KLR, Silver lid with a thinkbike sticker on the back, BMW gear (Red Jacket, Black Pants(, Thinkbike bib.

That reminds me, anyone selling bright bibs, mine is taking a bit of strain.

Scheit, that was a lot of typing.

Keep well, cheers all.