Maraisburg Mine dump ride with an Epic Fail!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usurper

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
So Lightning1 put together another awesome ride around and up the mine dumps, Yes I did get my Dakkie up the dune  :headbang:
very much chuffed with myself we were heading back the to filling station when I lost concentrations...
While crossing an embankment there was a small ditch which I scoped out and looked fine... down into second, hard pump, pop a wheellie and jump the ditch = happiness!
Now the problem was that I was so focussed on the first small ditch that I did not look far enough down the track and failed to notice the second, Much Larger ditch, = Fail!

We pulled the back-end of the bike into the ditch and pulled the bike out of the mud. Then had to remove all the smashed up headlight and cluster assembly to get the forks to turn and I was able to ride the bike out and home.

Thanks for all the help by the fellow dogs as well as 2 plastic bikers that was stopped while heading in the opposite direction on the same track. Thanks to Anthony for taking the photos and emailing them to me.

Attachments

• IMAGE_021.jpg
    IMAGE_021.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 531
  • IMAGE_024.jpg
    IMAGE_024.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 527