metzeler tourance exp off-road performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WERNER

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I had Metzeler Tourance tyres on my 2008 Adventure and was extremely happy with them on and off-road. They were nearing replacement and I had a set of Karoo's which I fitted for a trip which included Baviaans. We did alot of fast tar-riding as well and that caused alot of wear on the rear karoo. Back home I decided to save the Karoo's for the next off-road adventure and asked the local dealer to put on a new set of Tourances. I got the bike back with the Tourance exp's. Must say, they are very "lekker" on tar, BUT... this morning I took a nice gravel road on my way to work (like I always do) - tyre pressure was admittedly high, but I never deflate for a road like that. The front tyre gave me the fright of my life - the Adventure was all over the place and only a brigade of angels kept me upright. Is it only me, or are the exp's (especially the front on the Adventure specifically) not offroad-friendly at all. I know JohanGPS rides with them on his 1200 GS and he is happy - I got the fright of my life this morning and it was for the whole length of the road and not just one bad patch.Has anybody else had a similar experience??