Montana with heart rate monitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowley

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
Since my previous heart rate monitor started to go on the blink I decided to give the Garmin heart rate monitors a try. Bought the FR70 watch as it is fairly comparative with the other offerings out there. I'm not for spending R3k on a heart rate monitor.

Anyway, I have been aware that the Montana has a "Fitness" icon on the menu structure and also list a hart rate monitor. Couldn't find anything in the manual but then again this a Garmin product and they are know for their complete and good quality manuals.

The good news is that if you have a Garmin heart rate monitor it works with the Montana. To get any sensible info out of it you will have to access the Garmin Connect web site where you can upload your info and view and dissect it.

I like it because now I can reference my heart rate with position and see where the OMG moments where.  The screen shot below was a relatively short run next to the railroads.

Attachments

• 2012-06-24 03-43-37 PM.jpg
    2012-06-24 03-43-37 PM.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 153