Moordkuyl in Fast Forward!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Yes, I am a lucky bugger! Why? Guess what I had to play with today?

Loadingup2.jpg

A brand new CR250!!! Of course my mate Geikie â?? and his CR250 â?? was going to come and play with ;D

P2170034.jpg

We even had the Race Nation bus to cart them around ;D

Loadingup.jpg

I have been telling Geikie about Moordkuyl for a while now and heâ??s been dying to try it out. When presented with an opportunity like this we just could not let it pass.

The new CR is a beautiful bike!

CR250.jpg

(MalJohann eat your heart out ;D)

Did you know you could still buy these brand new out of the box in SA? Yes you can ;) Itâ??s not a grey bike either. More on that later ;D

We unloaded and set off. Those whoâ??ve been there will recognize these pics ;D

P2170003.jpg

Unfortunately the water was way less than the last time we were here. Also, some of the really technical bits have been fixed by now, but we still had a whale of a time ;D

P2170005.jpg

Of course, even with the lower water level thee are still some deep bits ;D

P2170009.jpg

Sorry for the smiley's after each sentence. Iâ??m still trying to get the smile off my face ;D And Iâ??m typing as fast as I can before Iâ??m too stiff & sore to type any further ;) Sheez, riding bikes (monsters) like these sure is a hell of a workout!

Enough talking. Here are the play pics ;D

TRWC2.jpg

gKWC3.jpg

One of my favorite shots:

P2170011.jpg

gKWC1.jpg

TRWC1.jpg

gKWC2.jpg

Yep â?? we LOVE water crossings!

Those weren't all we did though. Moordkuyl has water, rocks, sand and uphills.

P2170033.jpg

Notice the elephant dung on the left. We made very sure that we didnâ??t happen on the Cow and Calf. No bikes will be trampled todayâ?¦

Sand:

P2170036.jpg

P2170037.jpg

P2170048.jpg

To say that this bike is in a different league from my bike is like trying out for understatement of the year reward. Riding these bikes are hard work for an unfit bugger like me though. I was knackered by now!

We headed back to the river for a rest and some refreshments.

P2170125.jpg

TRWC3.jpg

Geikie shot back to the van to fetch the cool box. The delivery was fast! Scooterâ??s pizza eat your heart out ;D

P2170142.jpg

LGF â?? as you can see the uphills have been worked down in places. Much easier to negotiate now ;) Even I rode them with a smile!

P2170143.jpg

P2170148.jpg

A well deserved break in a wonderful setting! ;D

P2170151.jpg

What a day. What a day!!!

P2170163.jpg

Can I have one with an electric starter please ;)

Moordkuyl is being fixed and this was probably the last time we rode it for a while. Weâ??ll just have to wait for the next flood I guess. ;)

Back to the CR250. Geikie will probably post his impressions later, but he thought that this CR250 had some big improvements since the 2004 CR250 heâ??s got (if that is at all possible).

P2170136.jpg

P2170134.jpg

P2170133.jpg

CR250â??s have not been for sale in SA for a while now, but here we uncovered a treasure trove ;D There are 5 new CR250â??s available. They are brand new, NOT grey imports and still in their crates. ;D

PM me for details ;)